The general practice study leave budget is for the education of GP specialty trainees. The education budget is limited and it is public money. The HEE study leave team must deem the training relevant to the RCGP curriculum for study leave to be approved. Study leave must be applied for in advance and forms approved in accordance with the Study Leave Policy. More information can be found here.
Study Leave Process
Before the course:
1. Trainee discusses study leave application and receives approval from Educational Supervisor and Practice Manager.
2. Trainee fills out Study Leave Application Form.
3. Trainee emails application form to Sally & Andy and they will forward it on to the study leave team.
Study leave applications must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the course date.
1. Fill out the Expenses Form and send it alongside a certificate or proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. This must be done within 3 months of the course ending.
2. The study leave team will send reimbursement claims off in the form of a report to Payroll on a monthly basis. All claims must be received by noon on the 9th of each month.
If you do not receive payment within two months of submitting your claim please contact St Helens & Knowsley HR – email@example.com.